Looking for a bank with high APY rates? Digital Federal Credit Union, better known as DCU, is a digital banking platform that brings together innovative tools and unique features to manage finances.
With the DCU bank promotion, new members get a $20 sign up bonus and current members earn a $10 reward for each person they refer. Not only this, but you can also take advantage of the 6.17% APY offer.
DCU also provides a wide range of banking services, including checking and savings accounts, credit cards, and lending products. Explore the best banking apps with bonuses to earn more.
This article may contain affiliate links. We earn a small commission when you click on our affiliate links or use our promo codes, with no extra cost to you! Please read our affiliate disclosure to know more.
DCU Bank Promotion (Latest)
DCU bank promotion is currently offering a referral program that gives new members a $20 sign up bonus and a $10 referral bonus. Additionally, you can take advantage of the 6.17% APY.
If you are looking for a platform that offers no monthly fee, check out Chime promotion. Let’s delve deeper into these bonuses and the steps to earn them.
DCU Bank Sign up Bonus: Earn $20 for Free!
As a new member, DCU Bank promotion offers you $20 for signing up. You must sign up with a referral link to avail of this offer. Let’s see how you can join DCU Bank and claim your bonus.
How to Join DCU Bank?
Here’s how you can create an account with DCU Bank.
- Click on the referral link to open a new membership with DCU. You’ll need a minimum balance of $5 to open a Primary Savings Account and maintain membership status.
- Enter your initial details. You’ll receive a confirmation that you are joining via a referral link, which makes you eligible for the bonus.
- Within 90 days of becoming a new DCU member, complete one of these options:
- Open a DCU checking account and receive a qualifying direct deposit of at least $500 per calendar month.
- Open a DCU checking account and complete five qualifying transactions within the same calendar month.
- Obtain a vehicle, RV, boat, or mobility loan for a purchase or refinance.
- After completing any of the qualifying activities, DCU will deposit the $20 bonus into your Primary Savings Account within 30 days.
Looking for a platform to earn a high sign up bonus? Check out Upgrade bonus guide
DCU Refer-A-Friend Program: Earn $10 For Each Friend!
DCU Refer-A-Friend program allows you to share referral bonuses with your loved ones and earn rewards. You can earn $10 for inviting each friend.
How to Claim a $10 DCU Referral Bonus?
To participate in this program, follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your Digital Banking account on DCU.org. Please note that this option is not available on the mobile app.
- Click the “Member Referral” option within the Membership section.
- Share your unique referral link with your friends and family.
- When your referral opens a new DCU membership and completes one of the qualifying activities, they will receive a $20 bonus, and you will receive a $10 bonus.
There is no limit to the number of people you can invite and earn a bonus. Don’t forget to make $10 for each friend with a Paypal referral bonus program.
How To Withdraw Money From DCU Savings Account?
Here are some of the best options to receive the money withdrawn from a DCU savings account:
- Transfer to another DCU account: If you have another DCU account linked to your membership, you can transfer the money to that account.
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT): You can request an EFT transfer to an external account. For this, you will need to provide the routing number and account number of the external account.
- Request a check: You can request a check to be mailed to your address on file. This option may take a few days for the check to arrive.
- Visit a DCU branch: You can also visit a DCU branch in person to withdraw the money as cash or check.
DCU Bank Fees
Unnecessary fees can become a huge burden on your finances. So, in order to avoid any such fee, you need to be aware of it. Here are the hidden fees associated with DCU Bank.
- Service fees: Some services or transactions may result in fees charged by financial institutions, so it’s important for you to review the fee schedule to be aware of which fees may apply.
- Balance requirements: Some checking accounts need you to maintain a minimum balance to avoid a monthly fee.
- Account maintenance fees: A few checking accounts may require a monthly fee, which can be waived if certain requirements are met, such as using your debit card a certain number of times per month or having other accounts linked to your checking account.
- Inactivity fees: If there are no deposits or transactions made within a specific time frame, a monthly fee may be charged.
- ATM fees: Using an ATM outside of your bank’s network can also result in a fee from the financial institution that owns the ATM.
DCU Bank promotion is a decent option if you are looking to earn free money. As a new member, you can earn a $20 sign-up bonus, while current members can refer friends and earn $10 for each successful referral.
On top of that, DCU Bank also provides a high APY rate of 6.17%. So, it is a decent option for those in search of a high APY rate bank. However, we won’t truly recommend DCU Bank because of its negative reviews.
Is DCU Bank Good?
No, based on customer reviews and rankings, DCU Bank appears to have a below-average rating compared to other banks. With a rating of 2.38 stars from 6 reviews, it suggests that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases.